Wednesday 27 November 2013

Making Christmas - Week 7

Aren't the weeks flying past at the minute, or is that just me? Anyhow it is about time that I had a look to see how much, if any, progress I have made on my Christmas list.

MAKING CHRISTMAS 2013

Sadly not very much progress has been made, although thanks to a fortuitous win and some happy mail, there is potential for more progress soon!

I was lucky enough to win a $50 gift voucher from the Sew Sisters fabric shop in the OctoberQuest2 prize draw. It may be down to the fact that they are based in Canada, but they had the perfect fabric for the pyjama trousers that I am planning to make for my youngest son.


He has a moose sticker on the back of his car, which makes it very easy to find in the car park, and loves everything moose-related so it must have taken me all of 5 minutes to spend the voucher. I have no idea how the Wishes charm pack managed to "fall" into the basket too :)

Said son will be away this weekend, so I am planning on tackling the pyjamas whilst he is gone. Having never sewn clothes before, I am keeping everything crossed that it all works out as planned!

I have also pulled the fabric for the BBQ apron and oven mitt, so will, hopefully, get started on these soon too.



These need to be posted for Christmas, so I really would like to get them done and dusted and in the post before the Christmas rush. One memorable year our parcel to them didn't arrive until January, and even then had completely different presents inside, so I have been very wary of sending parcels late in December ever since!
 

So here is how my list is looking now
  • A Christmas Table Runner for our new dining table MADE
  • Two Pleated Pouches to fill with make-up/nail polishes for my daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law to be
  • Two One Liberty and linen jewellery roll for my sister-in-law
  • One Triple Zip pouch for my sister-in-law MADE
  • A Knotwork Christmas cushion - for me!
  • A Fairytale Cushion for my grandniece using one of Quiet Play's Happily Ever After paper-pieced patterns
  • Homemade chutney for my brother and son MADE
  • Homemade relish for my brother MADE
  • More dishwasher vodka!
  • Biscuits for cheese for my brother 
  • Meat rub, BBQ apron and oven glove for my b-in-law - fabric pulled!
  • Pyjama trousers for my youngest son - fabric received!
I hope you have been making more progress than I have, and if you are stuck for a quick gift check out Nat's great tutorial on turning a knitted jumper into a cross-stitch cushion, it is genius :)


Link up your Making Christmas progress this week and check out everyone else's progress (or lack of!) with Nat at Made in Home 


The link up for November's New to Me is open until November 30th, so if you have tried something new this month link it up here


Linking up to 

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

 

8 comments:

  1. Great plan for that moose fabric! Hopefully the pyjama sewing project is an easy one to tackle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Those fabrics fit perfect for your plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your son is going to be thrilled to have these pyjamas, your list is getting ticked off well best of luck with completion of ut

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent fabric for the jammies! If it helps, the free Simplicity pattern that we used for the FQR class is nice and easy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you! Good luck sewing those PJs while you have everything crossed :)

    The fabric for the apron and oven mitt looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You'll have no problems making the pyjamas, Fiona! Beautiful fabric you've chosen for the apron!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pyjama and apron fabric Fiona.....have fun! Marie (mlismore@optusnet.com.au)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, I read and appreciate every one! I will reply by email unless you are a no-reply blogger, in which case you will need to check back in the comments list for my reply, sorry!

Anonymous comments have been disabled due to the level of spam comments I have been receiving lately, sorry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...